Afternoon Tea at TeaLula FAQs
To reserve your table, you may call our dedicated reservation line at 847-696-0515. The line is open daily between 9 am and 6 pm. We require a credit card to hold your table. Or, make your reservation online and schedule your Afternoon Tea experience at TeaLula.
- Our afternoon tea is a 1.5-hour experience served Wednesday through Sunday beginning at 12 pm. There are multiple seating times, with the last seating at 1:30 pm.
The cost of afternoon tea is $48 per person.
Please note that credit card information is required to hold your table, and the largest party we can accommodate is eight.
- Our prix fixe menu boasts delectable finger sandwiches, warm scones with rich cream, homemade jam and lemon curd, and tantalizing desserts. To complement the flavors, our menu has been paired with a curated selection of our specialty loose leaf teas.
- Guests ages 21 and up may also choose to upgrade to a “Royal Tea” service with a glass of wine from our refined wine list.
- We kindly ask our guests to make reservations a minimum of two days in advance (For Wednesday seating, reserve by Sunday prior. For Saturday seating, reserve by Thursday.)
- To cancel your reservation without incurring a charge, kindly notify us at least 24 hours before your scheduled booking. Please understand that in cases of no-shows on the day of the reservation, the card on file will be charged in full.
- We offer delicious vegetarian options with advance notice. However, we beseech your understanding relating to our ability to handle dietary restrictions. The variety of dietary needs surpasses what we can realistically accommodate for a traditional afternoon tea. Due to our small size and limited resources, we cannot accommodate egg-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, or vegan requests.
- While none of our menu items include peanuts or tree nuts, we are not a nut-free facility. We handle dairy, wheat, eggs, soy, fish, and shellfish and cannot guarantee the absence of cross-contact.
We serve a prix fixe menu so it's challenging for us to offer alternatives such as egg-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, lactose-free, sugar-free, mayo-free, Paleo, Keto, or vegan. Our in-house recipes are nut-free. Please reach out to us at 847-696-0515 to discuss if we can accommodate your request.
- We welcome children over the age of eight to enjoy afternoon tea with their family. We kindly ask that parents ensure their children are seated throughout the 1.5 hour experience and are mindful of others guest’s comfort. The adults are expected to manage any disruptive noise levels or behavior swiftly and accompany young children needing to leave the table.
- We recommend smart casual, but you are certainly welcome to dress up and celebrate or dress down and be comfortable.
- To create a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere, we request that cell phones are either turned off or set to silent mode during teatime.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed in The Tea Room per Illinois Department of Heath regulations.
- Three-hour street parking is available on Fairview Avenue. The Prairie Ave Commuter Lot, located just 450 feet away at 15 Prairie Ave, is free to the public after 11 am on weekdays and all day on Saturdays and Sundays. Please note: on Saturdays during the Farmer's Market season from May through October, the Prairie lot is available after 1 pm. Please click here to open a TeaLula location map.
- During this initial year of operation, as we focus on perfecting our offerings and service, we are unable to accommodate private events for the remainder of the year.
After months of expansion and renovation TeaLula is now serving traditional Afternoon Tea. Enjoy our little video from the construction.